However, I wasn't aware until I moved to Texas that zombies already exist. Really.
In the form of very disarmingly pretty dragonflies. The first large thunderstorm we had I went outside to watch, enjoy, make "Pew-pew!" noises at the sky..the basic *Double Thunderstorm Whoooaaa!* reaction to someone who hadn't lived in one in years.
After the light and sound show provided by the sky has stopped, I looked at my usually innocent tree branches. Normally they provide a little shade and mainly just leaves, but after tthe storm I saw this.
(Dragonfly may not really represent actual size. No, really.)
Seriously I sat there for a while going "Wow, big dragonfly."
Then, "Wait it's not moving!"
And, "well it's possibly dead"
But the dead dragonfly on the tree sat there for three days in what I thought was a partial discomposing state.
Three. Days. Without movement.
I wondered when it would dry up/fall off/break apart, I even debated using it as a feline tormenting tool (i.e. cat toy)with fond dreams of marketing it for use all over (Dead Thing on a String! Get your cat one today!). Then, as I watched, it came back to life!
I saw the wings move, slowly, the little dragonfly face turned towards me and in my *head* it looked like this...

Seriously, no joke, came back to a reanimated state and I swear for the next three days I kept peeking out there and seeing it. Each time with a more vacant stare and what appeared to be....brains.

The little bugger would *not* go, I swear I heard a tiny little bugvoice whispering, "Braaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssssss" each time I checked to see if it went away.
It went on for day, I kept calling a friend and going over the possibilities, could it get inside, was it simply there to freak me out and gain intelligence for the zombie dragonfly hordes, will it *ever* die?
One morning I went and and poof, it was gone, thankfully gone.
Then it hit me....all it did was move. Now I had no idea where the zombie dragonfly was.
So be careful, it's still out there. Somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment